Sunday, August 20, 2006

studio 7 on the sunset strip

Aaron Sorkin is one of the most clever writers I've come across.

For any who don't know, he created and wrote most of the episodes for "The West Wing." Though I don't usually agree with the politics of the Bartlett administration in the series, the show features amazingly smart and funny writing. If you subscribe to the more liberal side of issues, then you'll love this show, but I think even if you're mostly conservative(which I am), you can still enjoy it and atleast marvel at the genius of the dialogue and character development. The acting is good, too.

One other thing the show has going for it is its near dead-on accurate portrayal of the Executive branch goings on. This I only can surmise from comments made by my more politically savvy friends, so correct me if I'm wrong.

So, I just read the pilot script for Sorkin's new NBC series "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip." Not sure if it'll be as popular as West Wing was, but it's certainly just as clever. Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford(from "The West Wing"-amazing actor) play a writer/director duo hired to help save a struggling comedy show after some upheaval and layoffs.

So go rent "The West Wing." It's only seven seasons. You can do it. My roommate and I are already on the fourth and we've only been watching since last fall.

haha

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Ethan, you're dead-on re: West Wing: it's brilliant. My fav is Allison Janney. In spite of, and perhaps because of, Sorkin's 'shrooms, his writing is genius. I wish people who produce good art could get special permission to use whatever drugs help them do what they do. Does that make me a liberal?

6:00 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

I guess more of a libertarian, maybe. :) No doubt, though, Sorkin's a genius. With or without his crack. Ethan(Antonucci) sent me his pilot script for Studio 60 and I was laughing out loud the whole time.

6:23 AM  
Blogger John said...

I Love the West Wing. It was my favorite show until Lost came along.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home